Women’s Platform is a membership organisation
We are focused on engaging with members and creating platforms for members to share views, priorities and evidence from women and girls in Northern Ireland internationally, and to build the capacity of members to use international human rights standards and mechanisms in their own work.
Members get first opportunity to engage with all Women’s Platform projects and events, and Women’s Platform provide resources on international human rights standards and updates on international good practice to members.
- Access to training, information and expertise on international human rights treaties and gender equality mechanisms
- Opportunities to share evidence and priorities with national and international networks and structures, including UN human rights treaty review mechanisms
- Opportunities to engage with national and European networks
- Quarterly e-newsletter highlighting learning and good practice from European and global networks and organisations, including the UN
- An invitation to our AGM; full members also have voting rights.
Apply for Membership
Membership of Women’s Platform is free.
Any not-for-private profit organisation which principally represents or works for women within the Objects of the Charity or as part of a wider portfolio of concerns and activities is directly involved in promoting the advancement and rights of women and/or girls.
For incorporated organisations, the incorporated body itself is the member, with a nominated woman as its authorised representative. For unincorporated organisations, a woman holding an office in that organisation is the official member. Full members have the right to attend, speak, and vote at General Meetings of Women’s Platform.
Any organisation, incorporated or not, which supports the objects of Women’s Platform but does not meet the requirements for Full membership. Associate members have the right to attend and speak at General Meetings of Women’s Platform but are not entitled to vote or nominate candidates for election to the Board of Directors.
Any woman that supports the objects of Women’s Platform.
Individual members have the right to attend and speak at General Meetings of Women’s Platform but shall not be entitled to vote or nominate candidates for election to the Board of Directors.